“To provide an opportunity for youths and adults in the Monroe area to learn and play the game of soccer.”
- MASA is a non-profit organization run by volunteers.
- We need volunteers to coach, referee, and/or help line fields.
- The number of teams in the House Leagues will be based on the number of available coaches. If we do not have enough coaches, children will be placed on a team on a first come, first served basis. Children not placed on a team will be placed on a waiting list or have their money refunded.
- All participants will be registered with the Michigan State Youth Soccer Association (MSYSA).
- Students may not play both MASA and for a MHSAA high school soccer team in the same season.
Click here for access to the Board Minutes.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF MASA AND YOUTH SOCCER!!!
The Monroe Area Soccer Association (MASA) was formed by parents of soccer players and soccer enthusiasts to run a spring league in 1994.
Games were played at various school playgrounds around the city.
In September of 1994 MASA applied for incorporation.
In the spring of 1995 MASA affiliated with the Michigan State Youth Soccer Association (MSYSA).
The City of Monroe granted permission to use their fields at Munson Park.
In the fall of 1995 the City turned their soccer program over to MASA.
In December 1995 MASA attained non-profit tax exempt status from the US Dept. of Treasury.
In 2006 MASA took possession of the newly constructed concession building that is now the MASA Clubhouse.